The Bottom Rung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuck the rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duck

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:23 pm

just kidding, we all need rules, especially children like yourselves. Why?

Rules and limits are the beginning points of a rational and orderly relationship with your children. They tell us that there is a system, how it operates, AND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF US. Until these rules and limits are established, there can be no consequences, because, it is illogical, and totally irrational to have consequences for rules or limits, that don't exist.

This statement is so obvious that it may seem a waste of time to make it. But we need to be aware that, in some cases, the first time a child may learn a rule or a limit exists is when he or she experiences the consequences of violating it. This is an understandable and unavoidable fact of life when it comes to experiencing the natural consequences of natural laws. However it is a totally unreasonable and illogical experience when our children are held accountable and suffer consequences for violating a parental rule or limit they did not know existed.

Using consequences to define and teach rules and limits has its place in teaching a puppy to stay off the furniture. But it has no place in a rational discipline system for raising our children to be responsible, Self-Disciplined Adults.

For a discipline system to be rational and effective, the rules and limits must be known and understood. This is absolutely essential if our goal is to teach our children what we expect of them. Without understandable, measurable rules and limits our children have no way of learning and practicing behaviors which will give them control of the positive and negative consequences of their actions

An environment in which people are denied the opportunity to control their consequences is, by its very nature, abusive regardless of the consequences. In addition, if we deny a child, or anyone else, the ability to control his consequences by controlling his actions, then responsibility and self-discipline are meaningless terms.

Of course rules and limits do change, as our children get older. So, when we have to change the rules or limits with our children, we can avoid the problem of angry kids and guilty parents if we remember to clarify the change and our new expectation the first time and hold our kids accountable the next time.

This is not the same thing as giving our kids a second chance. If by a second chance we mean that each time the child ignores the rules or limits we wait until next time to follow through with the consequences. For purposes of consistency, second chances are usually not a good idea. If the child already knows the rules and limits and decides to ignore or "forget" them, we should be consistent about "reminding" them now.

What I am suggesting is that we always give our kids a first chance whenever we make a change in the rules or limits. This is reasonable and fair because, until we have clarified the new rule or limit, we can't reasonably hold them accountable for knowing and obeying it.

Rules and Limits tell us what we need to know and do to control our Consequences.
Back to top Go down
Murda
Lt. Pete Mitchell
Lt. Pete Mitchell
Murda

Audacity : 247

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:45 am

This is deep shit, man.

My Father didn't give second chances. After the first chance the belt came out. I'm not one of those new wave, politically correct, I cut myself because I hate my parents/life/no friends, pussies. I'm glad my Dad beat my ass for several reasons. One, I learned that for every action their is an equal and opposite reaction, or consequence. Two, I fucking deserved it and I'm better for it now. Three, in Texas, it is the parent/legal guardian's right to discipline their child by any means but not to include death; I believe in state's rights. Four, I learned respect. Five, I'm a productive member of society because of it.

I know some of you have kids, some of you are expecting kids, and others of you may one day have kids. Please! Please whip your kids ass when they deserve it. Don't get on this new wave pussy bandwagon of time out and "oh we need to be the kid's friend" bullshit. Be the kid's parent and show some god damn discipline. Be their friend when they are an adult, after you have embedded some god damn manners and respect.

Back to top Go down
Ducky Christ
Admin
Admin
Ducky Christ

Audacity : 299

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:33 am

that's the smartest thing you've ever written
Back to top Go down
https://googoo.forumotion.com
BIGRUDE
BIGRUDE

Audacity : 533

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:38 pm

I didn't read all of it, because of it being too long and me being too lazy.
But for what it's worth, I personally can't wait to start beating the shit out of my kids.
Little fuckers.
Back to top Go down
https://googoo.forumotion.com
JRock
Lt. Pete Mitchell
Lt. Pete Mitchell
JRock

Audacity : 307

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 pm

If your kids give you any lip, you can beat them with a sack of sweet valencia oranges. Won't leave a bruise but shows them whose boss, no doubt about it. Are you giving me lip boy? *draws belt* Because I'll lay the smackdown on ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuck the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck the rules   Fuck the rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuck the rules
Page 1 of 1